Tuesday 29 September 2015

More Slow Stitching.

Last Monday morning I woke up with a nasty respiratory virus. I've had almost no energy and lots of coughing so slow stitching on my Bird Dance blocks is just the right speed to go.


I was also waiting on some threads which I got on Wednesday so I could finish these ones off.


The variegated purple was one I needed. Along with 8 weight of the brick one.


Lots and lots of different sized Bullion knots on these birds.


Fun whimsical shapes designed by Sue Spargo.


Loving all the different layers of texture.


Simple French knots and straight stitches can become pretty accents.


Having fun making feet and legs.


Backgrounds of Creative Textures with stitching and different fabrics.


Drizzle stitches of varying lengths, along with back stitching and French knots.


Cotton and silk threads for another visual layer.


Birds all in a row, having fun. Busy with the next set of three.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Anna said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather....I want to avoid that!!! Your stitching is spectacular...you could teach classes!!!

paulette said...

Sounds like your infection is hanging on! :o( Poor you... I do love your stitching though!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I hope you're feeling better now. Stiching wonderful birds sounds like just the right medicine. They look beautiful!!

Susan said...

Your birds are so gorgeous. I'm very glad we got together. I would never have done as well as you are doing, so it's much better that you have the blocks!