Friday 11 July 2014

Over the mountain...

Yesterday I drove a different rout to Sisters. My gps indicated a route along the old Mackenzie highway. If you like narrow curving switchbacks this is the route for you. I love these types of drives.


This was one of the wider portions of the road. Not recommended for fifth wheelers or motor homes. Although I saw one of each heading in the opposite direction despite posted warnings.


Saw lots of these lovely white blossoms.


Very delicate but strong.


No other pictures of the drive as it was so narrow you had to have two hands on the steering wheel and no place to pull over to take pictures. The summit was 5,325 ft. With a viewpoint but I had places to go.
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I have never done that route.